Polish to remove yellowing and oxidation to restore clarity and shine. A foggy headlight can become a road hazard due to dim lighting at night. It’s often caused by UV rays and acid rain. Instead of getting new headlights, they can often be repaired at a fraction of the cost.
- Detail Addict G-1000
- Hydro Cyan Advanced Cutting 5.5″
- Detail Addict Microfiber Towel
- Recommended to seal with Ceramic Coating or PPF
- Wipe away loose debris and oxidation by applying Detail Addict Engine & Wheel Cleaner. This is a very effective degreaser. It is important to keep the degreaser away from plastic or dark composite surfaces as this can bleach or discolor them.
- Apply a generous amount of Detail Addict G-1000 Polish to a a electric buffer and work the surface until it becomes smooth and oxidation free. (The G-1000 polish, contains the abrasives needed to remove tiny contaminants from surfaces like glass, metal and paint.)
- Seal it by applying a thin layer of sealant to protect the glass for the next season.
Note: If polish is unable to re-clear the lens, may need repair or replacement. Another option is try to remove the more oxidation by wet-sanding the surface with a fine-grit sandpaper (2000 grit).